If you have been issued a CRSI email address, your individual mailbox is subject to a mailbox size quota. Microsoft Outlook will remind you as you get close to your limit. If you go over your limit, you will be unable to send and receive any email.
Steps to Clean Up
There are a number of things you can do to clean up the emails that live in your mailbox. Here are a few suggestions to make this process a bit faster and/or easier.
Search for Large Messages
- Expand the Search Folders menu and click Large Mail.
- This will search through all of your emails and organize them based on file size from largest to smallest.
- Delete messages that are in the Enormous, Huge, and Very Large groups, and you will quickly see your mailbox size decrease.
Search for messages that are old
- Click on the File menu, Cleanup Tools button, and then Mailbox Cleanup.
- Put the dot next to Find items older than and change the number to 180. Click Find.
- The search window will display every message in your mailbox that is over 6 months old. Use your own discretion to delete any items that are no longer needed.
Empty your Deleted Items
Use caution when selecting this option. It will delete everything from your Deleted Items folder each time you close out of Outlook on your computer.
- Click the File menu and then Options.
- Select Advanced from the left side. Put a checkmark in the box for “Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting Outlook”.