If you would like to hold an online meeting, Microsoft's Skype for Business is the place to go. Much like Zoom or Webex, meetings can be attended by both internal CRSI employees as well as external contacts such as vendors, contractors or County Boards.
Before you get started
- You need to be logged into Skype for Business on your computer or mobile device.
- If you have a functioning webcam/camera, you will have the opportunity to see live video of the attendees.
- If you have speakers and a mic built into your laptop, or if you connect a headset that has a mic, you will be able to hear the audio of the attendees.
- You will only see the video of the 5 people who spoke most recently
Joining the Meeting
- When it's time to meet, open the meeting on your calendar and click Join Skype Meeting either from the toolbar at the top or the blue link in the body of the meeting. Skype for Business will launch.
- When prompted to join the audio, select Use Skype for Business (full audio and video experience).
- Once you are in the call, use the buttons at the bottom of the screen to control your webcam, microphone and screen sharing.