Connect A Voice allows for real-time collection of start and end time of a shift. With the EVV requirements placed on us by Medicaid, it is imperative that Team Leaders (Program Specialist, QDDP, or designee) review and approve shifts on a daily basis. Here's how to do this:
- Every business day, time will be reviewed and approved by the Team Leader and compared to the schedule provided by the Direct Support Manager.
- If a discrepancy is noted, the Team Leader will contact the employee to determine what the correct time should be. The employee will need to respond within 24 hours (the sooner the better).
- If the GPS coordinates do not match the location's GPS coordinate, an alert will appear inside of CAV and that shift will be highlighted in yellow.
- The Team Leader will need to look into why the staff did not clock in at the location and use a drop down box to select the Exception and approve. NOTE: These alerts need cleared ASAP.
- All time needs approved by noon on Tuesday after the pay period ends. Only approved time is paid. If a county needs more time, the Team Leader needs to email the Accounting Department to discuss.
- There is no need to print reports and send to Accounting. This is entirely a paperless system.
- After the noon on Tuesday deadline, Accounting will lock out the pay period and no more edits can be made for the previous pay period without contacting Accounting.
- Accounting will export the CAV file to Kronos so they can pay staff. They will also export the CAV file to Advisor so CRSI can bill for services.